Lorna brings years of litigation experience to her practice in family law. She focuses on the individual needs of her clients, the goals they hope to accomplish and the solutions that will work best for the family. While a strong advocate for her client, she also believes that positive relationships among parties should be encouraged and she is very attentive to the best interests of the children. She is skilled at negotiating settlements and litigating family law cases and helps clients obtain creative resolutions for settlements, or when necessary, present a contested case in trial.
Lorna’s interest in family law began in law school while serving as an editor for the Family Law Quarterly and representing low-income clients in child custody disputes in the Family Law Clinic. She continues to give back to the community by regularly volunteering with the Metro Volunteer Lawyers.
Her practice is devoted to family law and includes dissolution of marriage, allocation of parental responsibility, child support, property division, adoption, annulment, modifications and post-dissolution matters.
Email address: Lorna@feingoldhorton.com
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Arapahoe Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Family Law Section – CBA
- Colorado Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (COAFCC) – Communications/Public Relations Committee and Member
- Family Law
- Wichita State University, Magna Cum Laude, B.A.
- Washburn University School of Law, with Honors, J.D.
- State and Federal Courts of Colorado
- State and Federal Courts of Missouri
- State and Federal Courts of Kansas