Jennifer specializes in all aspects of family law in Colorado, including dissolution of marriage, allocation of parental responsibilities, child custody, child support, maintenance, paternity, pre and post marital agreement, jurisdictional disputes, post-decree matters and appeals, as well as provides mediation services for family law matters.
While attending law school, Jennifer worked as a student attorney in the Domestic Violence Civil Justice clinic where she focused on working with low income, domestic violence victims. This experience helped her appreciate the intricacies and struggles families face during times of crisis. In addition, Jennifer was a member of the American Bar Association’s trial team for 2 years, honing her advocacy skills. Jennifer remains committed to working closely with her clients to deliver exceptional representation understanding that each case and each client is unique. Jennifer takes great satisfaction in working with families to help them resolve their differences by focusing toward a solution that keeps in mind the best interest of the client, as well as the best interests of the child, while they are enmeshed in one of the most difficult times of their lives.
Jennifer understands that not all sizes fits all and works diligently with her clients to identify their goals and work toward the best and most cost-effective result possible – whether it is through full representation, unbundled/consultation services or through mediation.
Regardless of the context, Jennifer works hard to frame the client’s interests against the legal backdrop in order to weigh the risks and benefits in taking a dispute to trial versus working towards a mutually acceptable settlement. Her no-nonsense approach and attention to detail have earned her a reputation of trustworthiness and fairness. Jennifer is focused on reaching a tailor-made resolution that addresses not only the legal aspects of the dispute, but also the underlying emotional environment that, if left ignored, engenders mistrust, hostility and a possible break down of the settlement process either in or out of litigation.
With more than a decade of experience, Jennifer recognizes that certain cases require the negotiation and litigation skills necessary to achieve the client’s goals. Jennifer possesses a blend of interpersonal, legal analysis’s and negotiation skills necessary to provide a forum for successful resolutions.
Email address: Jennifer@feingoldhorton.com
- University of Denver, College of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A. 1999
- Awarded Colorado “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers 5280 – 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Top 40 Under 40 National Trial Lawyers Association – 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Best Lawyers in America – Family Law – 2013, 2014 and 2015
- BV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-Chair – Colorado Bar Association, 2014 Family Law Institute Annual Conference
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Current Treasurer for the Family Law Section, Executive Council, of the Colorado Bar Association (Member 2007 – present)
- Past-President of the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (COAFCC)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arapahoe Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Metropolitan Interdisciplinary Committee
- Member of Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Presentation: “Uncoding the Alphabet Soup of Jurisdiction,” Family Law Institute 2013
- Co-Chair Spring Family Law Update, CBA – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Presentation: “Impact of Thornhill” on Domestic Business Evaluations – April 2009
- Published: “Business Valuations in Light of Thornhill” – The Colorado Lawyer: August 2009 (Co-Author)
- Unpublished Opinion: In re the Marriage of O’Rourke, 2007 WL 537766, Colo. App., February 2007 (No. 06CA0001.)
- Unpublished Opinion: In re the Interest of K.R.T. – unpublished opinion
- Co-Chair: “How to Handle & Try a Domestic Relations Case” – CBA, June 2007
- Published: “Same-Sex Couples: An Overview of Marriage and Related Legal Issues” – The Colorado Lawyer: May 2004 (Co-Author)
- Children’s Hospital Digestive Health Institute Volunteer, 2012 to present
- Board of Trustee Member, Temple Sinai, 2014 to present
- Early Childhood Education Committee with Allied Jewish Federation
- ADL Glass Leadership Partners Program